Our passion is events. Our strength is experience
With a background in world-class sports event delivery, our track record is second to none. But the best thing about Breakthrough Events isn’t our past. It’s our future.
From brand activations to product launches, from major sports events to pioneering workshops, we work with clients all over the world to shape, plan, manage and deliver memorable and impactive experiences throughout the outdoor, endurance and adventure sports industry.
We redefine the status quo
Breakthrough Events was created from a passion for adventure, endurance and outdoor sports and events.
With over 15 years’ experience in planning and delivering major international sports events & programmes, our knowledge and insight are world class.
We know the event management business inside out, and we know what it takes to transform an event from ordinary to outstanding.
World Class Expertise
Breakthrough Events was founded in 2019 by Lisa Dent, International Event Manager & Technical Advisor across the adventure, endurance & outdoor sports world.
With international event planning & delivery experience at the highest level, Lisa built her reputation in leadership roles within the biggest organisations in the outdoor & endurance sports industry including;
>> Triathlon Technical Operations Manager, Glasgow 2014
>> Mountain Bike Sport Operations Manager, Gold Coast 2018
>> National Events Manager, Triathlon Australia
>> Event Manager / Race Director, IRONMAN UK LTD
Some of Lisa's Current Roles:
>> Operations Director, Keswick Mountain Festival 2021
>> Triathlon Lead Venue Planner/Venue Manager, Birmingham 2022
Lisa's experience is supported by professional training & qualifications including;
>> MSc International Sports Management
>> NCRQ Safety for Managers
>> APEL Crowd Safety & Risk Analysis (currently undertaking)
>> Surf Life Saving Australia / Beach Lifeguard
Lisa's career has also seen her in the following leadership roles;
>> Sponsored Mountain Bike Guide & Instructor
>> Police Civilian Training & Development Instructor in Personal Safety, Conflict Management & First Aid.
We have experience leading on; Technical & Operational Risk Committees, Steering Groups & Safety Advisory Groups and have worked with; national and international sports governing bodies, the worlds largest mass participation organisation across endurance events, innovative bike brands, local sports clubs looking to make an impact and leading sports industry professionals across pioneering workshops.
Event Manager /Race Director
- 2018 – 2017 – IRONMAN Wales / IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire
- 2018 – Redbull Time Lapse, Windsor Park
- 2015 – Sunshine Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Event
- 2013 – ETU Junior Triathlon Championships, Eton Dorney
Technical Operations / Competition Management
- 2019 – Regatta London, Rowing, SUP & Kayak
- 2018 – Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, Mountain Biking
- 2014 – Glasgow Commonwealth Games, Triathlon
Stakeholder Management / Steering Committee Member
- 2019 Regatta London, Central London
- 2018 – 2017 Velothon Wales, Cardiff
- 2018 – 2017 IRONMAN Wales / IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire
- 2016 – 2014 ITU World Triathlon Series, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2016 – ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships, Thredbo, Australia
- 2014 ITU World Duathlon Championships, Adelaide, Australia
Technical Operations & Risk Committee Member
- 2018 – 2017 Velothon Wales, Cardiff
- 2016 – 2014 – Triathlon Australia / National Event Manager
Course Director / Venue Manager
- 2018 – 2017 IRONMAN UK (Swim Course / Venue Manager)
- 2018 – 2017 IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth (Swim Course)
- 2018 – IRONMAN 70.3 Dunloghaire (Swim Course)
- 2015 – ITU World Triathlon Series, Auckland (Elite Bike Course)
- 2009 – 2008 Helly Hansen Adventure Race Series
- 2009 – 2008 Brooks Hellrunner Adventure Trail Run Series
Start & Finish Area Manager
- 2019 ITU World Triathlon Series, Leeds (Start & Elite Transition Manager)
- 2013 – 2010 – ITU World Triathlon Series, London (Start & Finish Area Manager)
- 2012 – London Olympics, Triathlon (Start & Finish Area Manager)
- 2009 – 2008 The Great Swim Series (Finish Area Manager)
What our clients say"Lisa’s event management knowledge, experience and support was first class ... Lisa is one of those people who seems able to create time, which makes working in collaboration a breeze. "John Twitchen - Vice Chairman2019 HSBC UK | National BMX Series Rounds 11 & 12 Bournemouth
What our clients say"Lisa was great to work with, very adaptable and has a wealth of industry knowledge. This made the planning smooth and stress-free ... I would highly recommend her in being part of your next project."Harry Wood - Video & Photography ManagerMUC-OFF -LAB 94 Product Launch
What our clients say"“Lisa led a review of the Aquatic First Aid portfolio on behalf of British Canoeing Lifeguards, which she did with a great amount of care, attention to detail and professionalism. We were really grateful to Lisa for all her hard work and efforts, and the expertise and fresh approach she brought to the process was invaluable”"Martin Suzan - DirectorSwim-Safety.co.uk
What our clients say"Lisa enlivens the classroom by providing great images and insights of the key processes involved in sports event management, its challenges, & its necessity to continue to evolve in line with market demands. Lisa was able to enmesh her event experience with the requirements of academia to develop her critical mindset, something she fosters through her fantastic delivery to the student audience. "Dr Paul Blakey - Senior LecturerInternational Sport Management at the University of Worcester, UK.
Our Core Values
We believe in harnessing the power of collaboration and it’s importance for building trust & releasing creativity towards a collective goal. Collaboration is the new innovation. #powerofcollaboration
We don’t seek the easy route. We look for new ways to inspire and provoke. We focus on how to create the most impactful breakthroughs and to redefine the status quo. #redefinethestatusquo
We believe in creating long-lasting relationships. We invest time, energy and attention into creating genuine connection. It’s paramount to success.
We continually seek to ask questions, Why? What If? And challenge our assumptions to stay innovative and dynamic.
Find out how we can help support you;